Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Clean Routine

Ok I realize this may be an awkward and perhaps a little too personal. So please forgive me if this is a little too touchy for some, but today I want to talk about personal hygiene. I have watched many different videos on Youtube.com on this subject and it seems to be a new trend in the beauty world. Oddly enough I find these "hygiene routine" videos to very interesting to watch. In these videos women discuss the various products that they use to keep themselves fresh and clean. Let me just be clear when I say "personal hygiene" I mean general personal hygiene. I won't be touching on feminine hygiene in this particular post. This post is in no way an attempt to educate anyone on keeping themselves clean as I believe that is a matter of personal judgment. I just want to share the products that I'm currently using to keep myself feeling fresh, clean, and confident. My hygiene routine changes all the time. I'm always rotating and changing what I use. I change up my routine during the colder weather months to incorporate more moisturizing products to combat the drying effects of the winter air.

I want to share the products I use on a daily basis during the summer months. The products that I'm featuring today are part of my summertime hygiene routine. So I'm pretty much going to be walking step by step what I do when I'm in the shower, when get out of the shower and, right before I get dressed.

Rinse it Real Good
1) The first thing I do when I get in the shower is give myself a good rinsing and just let the water run over me for a minute or so.
2) Then I wash my face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser or if want a good foaming cleansing I'll use Olay Foaming Face Wash for sensitive skin, but before I wash my face I wash my hands with the same cleanser as I'm washing my face with. I do this to wash any germs away on my hands as well as I don't like to get any other product residue such as body wash etc. on my face that could potentially cause irritation to my sensitive skin. I know sounds a little OCD, but The facial cleansers I'm current using don't cause irritation so I don't want other products to get on my face,
3) Next I'll usually wash and condition my hair with L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing shampoo and conditioner.  I wash and condition thirdly because I like my conditioner to really penetrate my hair for the duration of my shower. This is the best Moisturizing haircare line for my hair needs. Makes my hair so soft, smooth, and shiny.

Time to get Clean
4) Maybe this is my OCD kicking in again but if I use a body wash I almost always wash with a bar soap first. I love using body wash but it's just habit for me to wash with bar soap first. As some of you may already know during the summer I like to use Dove Go Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea soap. And I always wash up twice whether I'm using soap and then a body wash or just soap on it's own. I love the fresh cool scent of Dove Go Fresh in the summer.
5) After the first washing with soap, I'll usually wash up a second time with body wash. My body wash of choice these days is Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing shower and bath gel. I love the scent that this shower gel leaves on my skin. The scent is so wonderful and unique.

A Smooth Touchable Shave
6) I like to use Pure Silk Cherry Blossom Shave Cream for the days that I shave my legs and my underarms. This shave cream is actually a cream and not a shave gel. The cherry blossom scent is amazing. I use Bic Soliel Bella which is a four blade razor. The four blades do a nice job of providing a close, smooth, and comfortable shave without any nicks or razor bumps. Also I don't have to go over the same areas. Kind of a one and done deal.

Soft as a Baby's Bottom
7) After my shower I dry off and moisturize my face with Up& Up Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion which I purchase from Target. This lotion it really light and it absorbs fast with no heavy sticky feeling.
8)Then I apply lotion while my skin is still damp. Applying lotion to damp skin will give you the best moisturizing benefits because damp skin absorbs and seals in moisture best. My two lotions of choice are Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh and Johnson's Original Baby Lotion. I like to use these lotions during the summer months because they lightly moisturize and they absorb quickly without any sticky residue.
9) If I'm showering at night, after my shower I will apply my Neutrogena Light Night cream to my face. In the morning my face is super soft smooth.

The finishing Touches
10) Now comes the finishing touches. I apply my deodorant which is Secret Outlast in Completely Clean scent. It contains 19% of the antiperspirant ingredient and it works really well for me. Next I apply my fragrance. My two favorite scents right now are Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Divine Angel Mist and Bath & Body Works classic Juniper Breeze Body Splash.

Well...That completes my "hygiene routine" I think my routine is pretty simple. Some of the videos I've seen makes me think "You seriously do all those steps everyday"? I thought it would be fun to share my routine on how I stay fresh and clean and I really enjoyed doing so. Thanks for reading!



No comments: