Sunday, June 23, 2013

Taking Skincare Up a Notch

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may already know from some of my previous posts I have acne prone skin. So I've been searching for a cleansing system that would provide a really deep, exfoliating yet gentle cleansing at a reasonable price. I did some online research and came across facial cleansing brushes. I learned that they can be very beneficial at removing dirt, oil, and makeup up the 6X better than traditional cleansing. There are several different brands of facial cleansing brushes on the market today. They range from expensive high end facial brushes to more affordable reasonably priced facial brushes. One of the most popular of these facial cleansing brands is "Clarisonic" This brand offers a wide range of rechargeable sonic pulsing facial cleansing brushes for specific facial cleansing needs. Although this brand has a wide variety of choices Clarisonic also comes with a pretty hefty price tag with prices starting at $110 to over $200.


Unfortunately that is way out of my price range. So when I spotted "Olay Advanced Cleansing System Limited Edition Pink" I immediately bought it for just $29.99. On Olay's website it claims that their Advanced Cleansing System is as effective as a system sold for $200 (Clarisonic)I figured If Olay claims their $30 facial brush preforms as well as one sold for $200 it's definitely worth a try.

At a Glance: When I first opened the box I noticed that the actual brush head is much smaller than the brush head pictured on the front of the box. The difference between the actual size of the brush head is kind of misleading and I was slightly disappointed.But I do like the pretty pink color of this facial brush. This cleansing system includes
  • 2-speed, rotating water resistant system
  • Replaceable soft bristle brush head
  • Sample of Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal (.68 oz)
  • 2 AA batteries

Putting it Together: The battery compartment was a little difficult to remove because is creates a water tight seal. The directions say to gently rock the battery compartment side to side while pulling down. This was not so easy to do, but after a few tries I finally got it off. The brush head on the other hand was very easy to attach. It snaps easily into place by simply pressing it on.

A Good Deep Cleansing: Although this came with a sample size of Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal I didn't use it. It can be used with a wide range of different facial cleansers so I chose to use my Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser. I applied some of it to the brush head and turned on the power button on the back of the handle. I used the higher of the two speed settings and it really felt good on my face. I have to admit when I first purchased this I was slightly skeptical about how this facial brush would perform. I thought that the brush would be to harsh and rough on my skin, but the brush is actually very soft and gentle and feels like a nice facial message. The brush rotates in a circular motion. There is no pulsing action with this brush. This really gave my skin an excellent cleansing it removed all traces of makeup from my face. It really exfoliates and polishes the skin and it makes my skin feel very soft like the softening effects of a microdermabrasion system. My face felt so much softer and smoother after the first use. The texture of my skin seems to be improving all ready. I've only been using this for a couple of days and so far I'm really liking the positive effects of this product.

Brush Replacement: The Advanced Cleansing System does not come with any replacement heads. They are sold separately, but are pretty easy to find. They are available at Walmart, Target, most drugstores, and online. There are no specific instructions as to how often to change the brush heads. I guess it's a matter of personal judgment. I think I'll replace my brush head every two months or so. There are also no specific instructions on brush sanitation. I remove the brush head rinse it really well and wash it with a little bit of facial cleanser then I rinse it again and let it air dry.

The Bottom Line: If your looking for a great deep cleansing at a fraction of the price of the more high end brands I definitely recommend trying this product. It cleans thoroughly and really softens, smooths, and exfoliates very well. It's easy to use and can be used with practically any facial cleanser of your choice. It's well worth a try it's a great savings and it sure beats paying $200.

No comments: