Monday, June 17, 2013

My Current Skincare Regimen

I'm always on the search for the perfect facial cleanser and moisturizer for my sensitive skin. Not only is my skin sensitive, but it's also prone to breakouts. Most of the products that I use are developed for sensitive skin. Right now the products that I use for my face are by Neutrogena. So far (crossing fingers) no breakouts. I will do a short review each of the products that I use for my face.

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
This is a non-foaming fragrance free cleanser that adds moisture back to your skin. To be honest it took some time for me to get use to this cleanser. It feels like a light lotion when I apply it to my face. It cleans surprisingly well for a non-foaming cleanser. It removes all traces of dirt and makeup and rinses clean without any filmy residue leaving my face feeling clean and moisturized..

Up & Up Oil Free Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion.
Okay so I purchased the generic version of Neutrogena's Oil Free Sensitive skin lotion. The Up & Up brand can be found at Target. I must say it's every bit as good as Neutrogena. I use this after I wash my face. It's very light yet very hydrating and non-greasy. It absorbs fast and doesn't leave a sticky residue behind. The best part is it doesn't clog my pores so I don't breakout.

Neutrogena Light Night Cream
I apply Neutrogena Light Night Cream before bedtime. Let me first say that this night cream is not exactly "light" It's a very rich hydrating cream so when I use it I use it sparingly. It feels very soothing and it calms the redness on my cheeks. This is really great for anyone with sensitive skin because it's fragrance free and oil free.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment
I use this vanishing cream when I have problem breakouts. It's a very effective spot treatment for stubborn pop up pimples.The active ingredient is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. For me benzoyl peroxide works better than salicylic acid and is much less irritating. This also works very well as a preventive treatment.

No comments: