Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Victoria's Secret Makeup

Hi Everyone

I visited the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale over the weekend and picked up some makeup. This was the third time I've gone during this sale. I usually don't purchase VS makeup so I decided to try some new stuff. First we have...

1)Prime and Glow Kit: This kit was created to help you get flawless-looking skin that glows and a makeup application that lasts. This includes four of VS pro bestsellers.
  • Airbrush FX Perfecting Primer SPF 20
  • Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer
  • Light FX Eye Brightener
  • Radiant FX Face Illuminator

Airbrush FX Perfecting Primer SPF 20: This primer is suppose to create a smooth velvety surface for flawless application that lasts. I'm new to primers in fact this is the very first primer I have ever tried. When I applied the primer to my face it felt heavy and oily. Honesty this primer didn't make my makeup look any smoother and definitely far from flawless. After a couple of hours my face looked greasy.

Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer: The eye shadow primer actually works pretty well. It does what it claims to do. I applied this to my eyelid up to my browbone. Then I applied my eye makeup and it stays on really well throughout the day. The colors of my eye shadow are more vibrant and it doesn't crease.

Light FX Eye Brightener: This is used to brighten the look of dark shadows under the eye. I don't have a problem with dark circles under my eyes, but I really like the brightening effects of this eye brightener. It gives my faces a refreshed look.

Radiant FX Face Illuminator: This is suppose to diffuse the look of imperfections and give your complexion a warm glow. This illuminator is a cream with a light shimmer to create a dewy glow. However this was too light for my skin tone. I think this would have worked well for me if the color blended better with my skin.

I


2) The Essentials Color Collection: I love this cute hot pink makeup bag. This little bag includes deluxe mini sizes of the VS Essentials Color Collection.
  • Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder
  • Color Drama Lipstick
  • Eye Shadow Duo
Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder (Goddess shade): This gives your face a sun-kissed glow like you've spent the day at the beach and got a nice tan. I use this bronzer to contour areas of my nose and my cheeks. It creates good contours on those areas. I also dust a little on my face for a light shimmering glow.

Color Drama Lipstick (True shade):  This lipstick feels very moisturizing on my lips. It glides on nice and smooth. I would describe the color as a creamy neural light pink. Kind of like a nude color. This lipstick does not have good staying power. I had to re-apply within a couple hours and I didn't eat or drink anything within that time.

Eye Shadow Duo (Modern Love shade): I like the way the two colors of this eye shadow blend together. I would describe these as a sandy earthy color. I used the lighter of the two colors as the base and blended the darker color from my lashline to the crease. It creates a soft natural look.


3) VS Tutorial Eye Shadow Kit: These eye shadow kits provide pictures and instructions on how to create the specific look featured on each eye shadow kit.

Sultry Spring: This eye shadow kit has pretty pastel colors that are perfect for spring. The colors blend well together and they don't crease or fade. The pictures and instructions were clear and easy to follow. This helps you learn a new application technique if you don't already know it.

Sexy Smoky: This eye shadow kit helps you to create the ever popular smoky eye. It features the classic smoky eye colors of black, gray, and white. It also has brown and tan colors as well for a different smoky eye effect. The colors are dark and rich and create a wonderful smoky eye effect.


No comments: