Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Radiant Summer Glow

Hello Everyone,

We all want healthy looking glowing skin during the summertime. It's a time when we show the most skin and we want our skin looking it's best. One of the best ways to achieve more radiant skin starts with exfoliating. When you exfoliate your skin you are removing the very top layer of dull, dead dry skin cells. When these dead skin cells are removed it helps to expose new radiant skin. There are several different brands of facial and body scrubs on the market.




My personal all time favorite facial scrub is "St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub" This scrub contains alpha hydroxyl and natural finely crushed walnut shells to exfoliate, polish, soften, and smooth the skin. This scrub leaves my face feeling refreshed and very soft. Another facial scrub that I like to use also from "St. Ives" is their Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub. This scrub has a bit more exfoliating particles and I use this one when I want a deeper exfoliation.

For my body I like to use an exfoliating body wash. The body wash that I used is "Irish Spring Deep Action Scrub" This contains tiny little beads that polish the skin and of course remove dead skin cells. Now I know that "Irish Spring" is marketed for men, but it can be used by women as well. It has a refreshing cool scent. In my opinion is has a unisex scent so it's suitable for men and women.

The are also homemade facial scrub recipes that you can make yourself out of some very common household ingredients. One of the facial scrub recipes I have tried is made with good old natural sugar and it's incredibly simple to make.




First you want to start with a clean face so wash your face with the facial cleanser of your choice. Then combine 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of water. Mix to create a smooth paste. Apply to your face with your fingertips and gently message in a circular motion. Enjoy more beautiful glowing skin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I use St. Ives apricot scrub too! They're amaaze :)